This is a great take on the traditional pancakes but at least half the calories and none of the guilt. The natural sugars in the bananas replaces processed sugar so you can have a Sunday pancake treat without spiking the blood glucose levels. Add in the Blend11 and you have a supercharged nutrient hit-also further slowing down the release of any sugars in your choice of topping. Whole grain spelt contains a lot more fibre than normal wheat flours and the gluten protein in spelt is easier to digest. If you prefer, replace the spelt with coconut flour for a wheat free option.
* 1½ cups whole grain spelt flour
* 4 teaspoons baking powder
* ½ teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup activated Blend11
* 2 medium bananas
* 2 cups almond/rice milk
* 1 egg
* Topping- strawberries/bananas/blueberries/maple syrup/honey
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Place Blend11, bananas, milk and egg into the blender and blend until smooth
3. Whisk blended mix into dry ingredients
4. Heat a small amount on oil on medium in a fry pan, using about ¼ cup of the batter for each one
5. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the fry pan, and serve.
Thanks to Emma Boucher for this amazing recipe!!